Below is a ‘how-to-do’ video for the iPhone 4s — some portions are not be relevant. The important feature with the new iOS 6.1.3 software is that an iTunes account or a connection to a computer is no longer required to register or to use the apps or the iTunes store. But you do need to have an Apple ID and password.
Some steps for a new account:
- Need a WiFi connection to register the iPhone
- New Apple ID: (*****@webenzed.com/*****2013)
- Details for verification: (High School friend? E*****) (First car? ********) (City parents meet? C*****)
- Need to fill in address details
- Download some free apps — Facebook, Skype, Kindle, Instagram, etc.
- No credit card is required — can redeem iTunes card or coupons
- Set passcode to protect your details.