A written description (for PCs or Macs)
- Plug in the USB cable (or insert the memory card) and go to My Computer (Desktop on the Mac)
- The memory card should show up under Removable Disks or Cameras.
- Click on the icon, and your pictures should be there.
- To get them saved on your computer, select them all (Control+A) and copy them (Control+C).
- Go to your My Pictures folder and paste them in (Control+V).
NOTE: For Mac’s — plugging in the USB cable or memory card will usually launch iPhoto — then proceed using the online instructions.
This video is for ‘Dummies” using the USB cable …..
This video illustrates the 3 ways you can get photos on to your computer:
- -Plugging in the memory card
- -using a card reader attachment
- -using the USB cable (the preferred option)
For a very casual, chatty (PC) version…